Some of the most visually stunning and relaxed wedding ceremonies that I have had the pleasure of officiating have been held in South Australia’s world-class winery venues.
South Australia boasts seven spectacular wine regions and hundreds of wineries, many of which include restaurants and function facilities purpose-built to cater for both intimate elopements and grand-scale, luxury wedding celebrations.
When couples choose a winery or vineyard venue for their ceremony, photography and reception, their wedding day is imparted with a wonderful sense of casual, natural charm.
Transport arrangements for the couple and their guests are virtually stress-free with a single venue winery wedding – no need to worry about transfers and the timing of pre-dinner drinks, reception or what to do and where to go in-between.
Some wineries also offer tailored accommodation options for their wedding couples, their bridal party and their guests, if required.
Here are some of my favourite South Australian winery wedding venues where couples can host their ceremony, reception and have their photography, all in one convenient location:
- Golding Wines, Lobethal
- Longview Vineyard, Macclesfield
- Glen Ewin Estate, Lower Hermitage
- The Lane Vineyard, Hahndorf
- Barristers Block Wines, Woodside
- Bird in Hand Winery, Woodside
- Chapel Hill Wine, McLaren Vale
- Coriole Vineyards, McLaren Vale
Adelaide ranked 5th in the 2015 Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) liveability survey of 140 cities, but there are so many other reasons why couples will benefit from choosing to have their wedding in South Australia including:
- Fabulous weather – in an average year, we enjoy 282 days of clear skies!
- Delectable contemporary menu selections made with first class, local produce.
- Award-winning and affordable locally made wines (of course!)
- Spectacular locations for your ceremony and photos afterwards.
- Accessible, convenient venues, most of which are within a 1 hour drive of the city.
- Unique honeymoon accommodation options. A myriad of adventure activities including: sky diving, hot air ballooning, helicopter flights, swimming with sea lions/tuna/dolphins/sharks, water sports on the Murray River, 4×4 driving tours and more.
Have you considered a vineyard or winery venue for your wedding? Let me know in the comments about your planning or experiences.